Public Policy Project Manager
Public Policy Project Manager – Middle East and North Africa
The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) practice is seeking a Public Policy Project Manager to be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia or in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) with weekly travel to Riyadh.
ASG is seeking an experienced person to join its MENA practice who can project manage, guide and inform the development of public policy instruments for a government client with a unique regulatory remit. The person needs to be able to handle a diverse workload and ongoing engagement with a variety of people, topics, and public policy instruments. There may furthermore be a need to contribute to the organization’s external networking and government engagement efforts. Beyond this initial project, there may be scope to transition to other roles and/or regions within DGA-ASG.
Responsibilities and competencies
- Effectively manages (public policy) projects from inception through issuance.
- Collaborates with a variety of stakeholders to develop public policy solutions for issues identified by the government organization.
- Uses creative skills to proactively identify, analyze and define the needs and issues of the government organization, and the stakeholders within its remit.
- Quickly conceptualizes issues, ideas, proposals, plans, findings and other topics into written presentations and reports.
- Manages, supports and guides ad hoc (public policy) project teams.
- Effectively communicates with, and gains insights from, stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Provides written and verbal advice and actionable recommendations.
- Contributes to team planning, strategy and KPI setting.
- Maintains and delivers accurate project management reports.
- Builds and cultivates trusted relationships within and outside the organization.
Experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years working for or advising a government entity, with relevant experience developing public policy instruments or delivering strategic projects. A shorter period of relevant work experience, although not less than five years, is acceptable if that experience was gained in Saudi Arabia.
- Proven manager with experience leading cross-cultural teams and/or strategic projects in complex environments.
- Significant exposure to public policy or strategy development for governments in emerging markets, with experience in the Gulf region preferred.
- Fluency in all major Microsoft Office tools, knowledge management skills.
- Experience with analyzing and developing public policies, legislation, and regulations preferred.
- BA/BS in political science, business administration, law, economics, international relations, public policy, or a related field, or equivalent experience required. MA, LL.M. or Master’s in related field preferred.
A Public Policy Project Manager is recognized as an expert practitioner who uses their expertise to support business development and add value to the firm’s portfolio across a range of DGA ASG teams. Public Policy Project Managers work across practices, and shape and drive key client/firm operational activities. Public Policy Project Managers provide direction and guidance, and they work effectively with colleagues at all levels and across the firm to create a productive and positive work environment. Public Policy Project Managers serve as lead on numerous and varied client engagements. They serve as advisors to clients and focus on building relationships and leveraging their expertise to drive business results for the firm and our clients, ensuring both impeccable client service and value creation.
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG), part of Dentons Global Advisors (DGA), is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, collaborating with our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries. In 2021, ASG became a founding member of Dentons Global Advisors (DGA), an elite multidisciplinary advisory firm that provides an even broader set of integrated strategic counsel and support for clients facing complex opportunities and challenges spanning commercial, reputational, financial, regulatory and governance dimensions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is committed to equal opportunity in recruitment and employment practices and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. No job applicant or employee receives unfavorable treatment on the grounds of color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or any other status protected by law.