Senior Associate- Africa
Senior Associate- Africa
A Senior Associate supports a DGA-ASG practice by conducting research needed for business development, internal briefings, travel, and client service. A senior associate works to cultivate and enhance their geopolitical, regional, functional, or sectorial/industry expertise, to begin to provide value creation for clients. Following DGA-ASG best practices, a senior associate specializes in developing drafts of written products (e.g., country reports, stakeholder maps, market analyses) and help drive product innovation. They support their practice team with client communications, according to ability and the team’s needs. They support the practice lead and other colleagues on administrative matters, as required.
- Actively participates as part of DGA-ASG client teams and expected to have greater direct interactions with clients.
- Typically delivers first drafts of country reports, briefing memos, client presentations, and stakeholder maps.
- Masters DGA-ASG best practices in research and product delivery, including the use of internal proprietary and diverse sources of public information; with an ability to evaluate competing versions of events or asymmetrical understanding of crucial factors.
- Plays a significant role in the team’s knowledge management, including helping to identify and archive resources and examples of superior DGA-ASG deliverables.
- Conducts research and supports investigations with local input, in local languages.
- Focuses on cultivating and enhancing geopolitical, regional, functional, or sector/industry expertise (e.g., China, India, Europe, and/or HLS, finance, energy) applicable to the team’s client engagement.
- Assists in directing DGA-ASG interns and other colleagues to collaborate on producing agreed upon products. Helps to train interns and full-time staff during onboarding, and conduct follow up when necessary. Models excellence in the production of DGA-ASG deliverables.
- Assists with the coordination of business opportunities within the regional/functional practices.
- Works as part of the team to utilize Scoro as part of the practices overall BD efforts; not expected to lead but encouraged to increase business development focus and help identify business opportunities.
- Works with the BD team in implementing Scoro (or other system) usage across the firm, further refining and optimizing the way we use Scoro.
- Seeks to develop personal network of relationships to cultivate potential clients and creatively build new business, and to foster broad DGA-ASG networks through interaction with associations, think tanks and policy shops.
- Supports practice lead with administrative duties as required.
- Performs other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
- Customer Service: Focuses on impeccable client service and value creation. Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet client interests and needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively produce first drafts of proposals, internal memos and/or written client products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the DGA-ASG team. Effective communicator with the DGA-ASG network and/or local offices, with strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across firm. Manages DGA-ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration, and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- Minimum of three to seven years of relevant prior work experience.
- BA/BS in political science, international relations, public policy or business administration, or a related field, or equivalent experience, with a Master’s degree in related field a plus.
- Strong knowledge of sub-Saharan Africa (via prior living experience, or academic or professional experience analyzing business, political, or economic issues and trade context)
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint and other MS Office tools.
- Speaking, reading, and writing fluency in English is required. Additional fluency in French or Portuguese is preferred.
- Position is not eligible for sponsorship
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG), part of Dentons Global Advisors (DGA), is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, collaborating with our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries. In 2021, ASG became a founding member of Dentons Global Advisors (DGA), an elite multidisciplinary advisory firm that provides an even broader set of integrated strategic counsel and support for clients facing complex opportunities and challenges spanning commercial, reputational, financial, regulatory and governance dimensions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dentons Global Advisors-Albright Stonebridge Group (DGA-ASG) is committed to equal opportunity in recruitment and employment practices and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. No job applicant or employee receives unfavorable treatment on the grounds of color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or any other status protected by law.
Please upload a cover letter and writing sample along with a resume. Include all documents in one PDF attachment – cover letter, writing sample, and resume.