Associate – China Practice
Associate – China
The Associate is an entry-level position supporting the firm’s large and dynamic China practice. The Associate will support the China practice lead and other senior staff with scheduling, team operations, editing and finalizing client deliverables, and other duties that assist the client service and internal functioning of this busy practice. This job exposes the employee to the details of ASG business and client work, allowing them to begin to develop geopolitical, regional, and sectoral/industry expertise. Once adept at supporting the smooth operations of the practice, associates collaborate with senior associates and others to develop and edit written products for clients. This will include production of country reports, stakeholder maps, market analyses of interest to clients, following ASG best practices. This position requires a China background, high-level of Chinese language proficiency, exceptional English writing skills, and an energetic and collaborative approach to working within a team.
- Supports the China practice lead and other senior staff as needed. Interfaces with China practice clients in a support role, as requested.
- Manages administrative functions and tasks of the practice, arranging China practice executives' schedules, appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements.
- Actively participates in client management and new client development efforts, including preparing and editing correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents for clients. Also, records, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes.
- Facilitates communication with clients and members of the ASG Advisory network.
- Periodically evaluates the China Practice team operations, promoting increased efficiencies, including the adoption of technology wherever possible.
- Works to learn ASG best practices in research and client product delivery, including the use of ASG proprietary knowledge and diverse sources of public information, with an ability to analyze – and work with senior staff to make judgments about – competing versions of events or asymmetrical understanding of crucial factors.
- Performs other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
- Customer Service: Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet the team’s needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively produce portions of written products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration, and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
- Strong knowledge of China and interest in deepening understanding of China’s economy and regulatory environment for foreign investors.
- Zero to three years of relevant prior work experience.
- BA/BS in political science, international relations, public policy or business administration, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint and other MS Office tools.
- High-level of Chinese language proficiency.
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG), part of Dentons Global Advisors (DGA), is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, collaborating with our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries. In 2021, ASG became a founding member of Dentons Global Advisors (DGA), an elite multidisciplinary advisory firm that provides an even broader set of integrated strategic counsel and support for clients facing complex opportunities and challenges spanning commercial, reputational, financial, regulatory and governance dimensions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is committed to equal opportunity in recruitment and employment practices and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. No job applicant or employee receives unfavorable treatment on the grounds of color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or any other status protected by law.
Please upload a cover letter and writing sample along with a resume. Include all documents in one PDF attachment – cover letter, writing sample, and resume.